Tuesday, January 20, 2009

well i finally did it.




i made laundry detergent all by myself.



thanks to lacy, and her fantastic recipe for liquid laundry detergent, i finally felt capable. well that and i finally found the washing soda i have been searching stores for during the last month or so. turns out shop n save carries it. unbelievable! i had been searching all these other stores (farm supply stores and walmart) and the grocery store has it.


anyway, it is so so so very easy. lacy's instructions are so easy to follow. if you think it's something you want to try, check out her post (link is at the bottom of this post) and seriously give it a try. i couldn't find the bar soap she recommended, so i used another brand that said it was all natural. i couldn't find it without scent so i picked the scent i liked best and it has worked beautifully.



http://razorfamilyfarms.com/crafts/washed-up-not-even-close/

oh, yeah, we have another cat. i snuck out last night and brought smoke a new friend. her name is sammy and she is a beautiful black and white cat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you tried the recipe!!! Isn't it easy? And SO inexpensive! I recent;y made up a batch using a bunch of baby bath bars that were given to us for my 8 mo. old. Worked like a charm!

Congratulations on the new kitty!!! Thank you for the link!!!

Blessings,
Lacy

Huse Yo Mama said...

Okay, so let me know how you like it. I have been looking for that washing soda for two years! I could have found it online, I'm sure, so I guess I haven't been looking that hard. But, whatever...let me know what you think of it. I might have to try it!!