Wednesday, October 22, 2008

works for me wednesday

i had no idea how hard it would be to come up with something that actually "works" for me.

i hate to spend lots of money on stuff for my face. i've never really had problems with breakouts, but i've always had sensitive and dry skin. i love to use scrubs to keep my skin looking fresh and bright, but i HATE paying $20 to $50 for them (salon types).

and then i found something in readers digest. queen latifah was talking about how her grandma had beautiful skin...and used baking soda a couple times a week to wash her face. (i think she said a couple of times)

just about a teaspoon or so in the palm of your hand. wet it ever so slightly, and rub on your face. not too hard, it really does scrub.

i have had so many compliments on my skin since i have started doing this. you do have to use a moisturizer afterwards, but it's really great!

since i started using it, i haven't had the breakouts i normally had with my period.

granted, i haven't been doing it that long, but it's really working for me!

for more great ideas head over to http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/!

4 comments:

Amy Jane (Untangling Tales) said...

Cool idea! I've never heard of this one before.

Beth Cotell said...

What a great idea - and economical too!

Jen said...

ok, do you have oily skin? I would kill for a good product to dry up my face a little?!?

Huse Yo Mama said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to do that!